This is a Blog Journaling Elky's progress to become a Pro Poker Player. Currently he is the reigning Pro Gamer Champion at Pokerstars and has participated in the EPT. This blog is for those gamers who are interested in what he is doing and where he is going.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Post Deauville EPT Penses~Thoughts

When you first came to Korea to be a pro Gamer, what were your expectations? How have they changed, now that you are playing poker?

When I first got to Korea I really wanted to be very successful in gaming and try to reach my maximum level there while making a decent living. Now that I play poker I'm putting as much effort into it as I did with gaming.

The French Open was your first offline tournament, what did you feel was different or interesting?

Its much different that online poker tournament because you have the time to analyze every single information there is available to you. Also its all together going a lot slower so it's much more like an endurance tourney because it might sometimes be hard to play perfectlyfor 8 hours the same day.

What was the most exciting thing that happened to you during the French Open?

I guess it was when I went all in with pocket 66 preflop because I was short stacked, then I got called by a guy with KQs, flop brought AQ2,turn Q but i rivered a 6 for the win and the double up.

Did it feel good to play in France?

It was good to meet a lot of French players and friends at the tournament, but other than that the poker atmosphere is basically the same in other EPT events I believe. It was really great meeting some guys I've only met online.

How are you preparing for Vienna? Are you participating in any off line tournaments?

I played a few in a French poker club and also 2 side events inDeauville, I'll just try to relax more before the tourney and keepplaying my best tourney game.

In your new poker life, where does gaming fit in? Or do you feel that poker is still part of gaming?

I actually feel like poker is a very exciting and interesting game, asyou can play against more than 40 players at the same time if you usemulti-table on internet, or play 2000 players tourneys like Sunday onPokerstars. I still play a little bit computer games for fun but I don’t have that much time for it anymore.

What is the most money you ever won in a single day on-line?
18 000 USD

What is the most money you ever lost in a single day on-line?
15 000 USD

What was the best learning experience you had while playing poker?

I guess it was when I visited my friends in Vancouver and lived at hisplace for a week. He's a great player and he was coaching me sometimeswhen I was playing. It helped ma a lot at this time and I learned alot from it.

What advice could you give gamers who want to give poker a try?

I would tell them that poker brings a thrill much more exciting thanany other game, but they should start playing a conservative gamewhile practicing their mind-reading ability.

How far do you want to go in poker?
I want to go as far as possible, I really have long term expectationsof playing poker, since I’m still very young compared to most of theplayers. I hope I can take down a big offline event soon.
Do you think you'll do better in Vienna?
I really hope so, as I'll put all the chances on my side for this to happen.

ELKY WILL BE AT THE EPT VIENNA EVENT THIS MARCH 10-12.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home